Applying for Phase 4 of the Provider Relief Fund and the ARP Rural Distribution
New Funding Opportunities for RHCs Available Now
Sarah Hohman, NARHC Deputy Director of Government Affairs
10/05/2021On September 29, 2021, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) opened the applications for providers to apply for Phase 4 of the Provider Relief Fund as well as a rural specific allocation included in the American Rescue Plan.
NARHC hosted a webinar on September 30th which provided an overview of the funding, outlined application details, and encouraged RHCs to begin the application now as it is only open until October 26, 2021. As a reminder, RHCs may be eligible for both funding sources, but unlike previous rounds of the PRF or other RHC COVID-19 relief funding, RHCs do need to apply for this funding, it will not be automatically allocated to providers.
We encourage you to review the recording and follow up Q&A resources on NARHC.org.
Key Program Details
- Phase 4 PRF amounts will be calculated based on changes in provider’s operating expenses between July 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021 with bonus payments calculated based on services provided to Medicaid/CHIP/Medicare payments.
- ARP Rural Distribution payments will be calculated based on the amount and type of Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP services provided to rural patients between January 1, 2019 and September 30, 2020. Eligible providers must serve rural patients but don’t necessarily need to be located in a rural area.
- Allowable expenses for both programs will be unreimbursed expenses and lost revenues attributable to COVID-19 between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2022.
- The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) anticipates funding distributions to begin in late November (ARP Rural) and December (PRF).
Key Application Details
- Step 1: Login with or set up One Healthcare ID.
- If you have previously attested to PRF or other COVID-19 relief funding you will have an account but may need to reset your password.
- Note: This is a different login than used for the PRF Reporting Portal.
- Step 2: TIN Validation
- The portal will request a variety of information including TIN, CCN(s), Medicaid IDs, Business Address, etc.
- It is critical that you begin this step now as it may take up to 10 days for TIN validation.
- Step 3: Confirming Revenue and Tax Information
- You will only be able to begin this step once your TIN is validated.
- Review these step-by-step application instructions to gather the appropriate financial information and documentation.
- Patient care revenues and expenses will be evaluated for the following calendar-year quarters: 2019 Q1, Q3, Q4; 2020 Q3, Q4; 2021 Q1.
- Note: If your organization would like to be considered for an additional ARP rural payment, you simply indicate “yes” within the application. HHS will determine your eligibility and calculate your payment.
Upcoming Webinars and Other Resources
HRSA is hosting the following additional webinars on these funding opportunities:
- Wednesday, October 13, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 21, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
For application questions please contact the PRF Provider Support Line at 866-569-3522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.