Introduction to RHCs
Introduction to RHCs
The National Association of Rural Health Clinics is proud to announce the launch of a new orientation tool that will offer new employees of Rural Health Clinics the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of running an RHC as well as a brief history of the RHC program and how NARHC was formed.
This online course consists of 4 short modules created by Shannon Chambers, Director of Provider Solutions at the South Carolina Office of Rural Health, Teresa Treiber, Manager RHC Team for Spectrum Health Corporate in Michigan, and NARHC staff. The modules cover the basics of what it means to be a Rural Health Clinic and explores how RHCs differ from other types of clinician offices. This is a self-paced course consisting of approximately 1 hour of video content.
- Cost: NARHC Member FREE! We do ask that each individual person creates an account and registers for the course. Non-Member $50
Not a current member? Click Here for a list of member benefits and to download a membership application. Unsure if you're a member? Call us and we'll be happy to check your status for you 866-306-1961.
- Educational Learning Format: On-Line. It is recommended that you use Chrome as your browser for all NARHC courses.
- Length: Approximately 60 minutes
- Content: Those going through this orientation tool will learn about the history of the RHC program and how the National Association of Rural Health Clinics came to be. In addition, they will be educated with a high-level overview of managing an RHC vs a Non-RHC, RHC basics, best practices for RHC managers and understanding the value of being a Rural Health Clinic.
- Pre-requisites: None
- Who should take this course? New employees and individuals that are new to rural health clinics
For a more thorough and in depth look at how to manage an RHC please consider taking our Certified Rural Health Clinic Professional Course (CRHCP). You can find more information on the CRHCP course Here.
If applicable, please verify your membership status prior to registering. Your member status can be found on your Profile under your account. Additionally, the member rate will auto-populate if your clinic has an active membership. If the member rate is not populating and you feel this is in error, please do not proceed and contact us at 866-306-1961 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need a paper registration form, CLICK HERE for a PDF download.Members: Free
If you need a paper registration form, CLICK HERE for a PDF download.Non-Members: $50.00